Five Reasons Why I Choose To Write

"If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it."
- Toni Morrison

Why do I write?

"Why not?" This is my answer every time I'm asked this question.

I love writing! I love to express myself through writing and share my ideas to the world. Through the stroke of letters on my laptop, I can communicate myself to others and influence them with some good ideas that I have.

Many years ago, I write on papers, notebooks and some scratch papers since smart phones and computers were too expensive at that time. Unfortunately, those notes might have been misplaced or got lost. And I regret that I haven't compiled them. Those were hundreds of articles, essays, poems, lyrics and ideas that were gone forever.

Thankfully, somebody invented blogging where I can write and save it for the future. I can also share it to the internet world for exchange of ideas and helping others.

I was hesitant at first in using the platform but I said, "There's no harm in trying it out." So when I first wrote my first article, and then the next and the next... it was fun. It was more enjoyable when somebody is appreciating what I write by leaving comments.

While writing articles, I came to think what are my purpose in writing? How do my articles matter to anyone? Here are some of my goals when I write:
  • To share my ideas to people. I want to give people a piece of my mind. Not literally, of course. I want my readers to know that they're not alone with their ideas. I want them to know that I'm here to share and exchange ideas and maybe work on it.
  • To express myself. Like a painter or an actor, I want to express my creative side. Every article I write is a masterpiece and somebody might appreciate it... someday.
  • To gain friends. I love to interact with people and talk to them. I want to hear their ideas, their thoughts and their online voice on what's their opinions about what I wrote.
  • To help people. Everybody wants to help people, including myself. And I believe, through my writing I can help people with the things and ideas I learned.
  • To leave a legacy. I want to leave something behind. Something that the future generations can come back to and of course, learn something from it.
With these reasons, I am directing myself to write good articles. I have a purpose on composing stories that are both helpful and beneficial to me and my readers.

Hopefully, with these, I can influence you to start your own blog and write your thoughts and ideas. Share your wisdom to others. Who knows? You might be the next best selling author.

Kapish!